Do you ever wonder what kind of mattresses do hotels use for their guests? It's ain't a surprise because we all have had such thoughts before – after all, the lush comfort that the hotels provide is delightful. In this blog, we will look at the different types of mattresses that five-star hotels use and why.
The five-star hotels invest in premium mattresses to ensure that they make you feel at home every time you visit them for a stay. However, the brand and model vary depending on the hotel chain. Star studded hotels use luxury hotel beds like Memory-foam and Hybrid mattresses that combine luxurious innerspring coals with body-shaping memory foam for an experience tailored for customers just right! These luxurious beds can be easily replicated as they're widely available in the market.
What Type of Mattress Do Hotels Use?
Three types of mattresses are widely famous amongst upscale hotels. They are:
- Hybrid Mattress: Hybrid mattresses are becoming increasingly popular, as they offer a compromise between supportive innerspring coals and body-cradling memory foam. These beds reduce pressure buildup under the shoulders and hips for side sleepers.
- Innerspring Mattress: Innerspring mattress remains the most common of the three mattress types. They have been around for a long time now and are relatively affordable. These mattresses also offer good comfort and support to the body while sleeping.
- Memory Foam Mattress: Memory foam mattresses are also among the most famous hotel mattress types. They conform to the body's contours, providing pressure relief and helping in reducing tossing and turning during the night. This one feature leads the sleeper to a deeper, more restful sleep. Memory foam mattresses are also durable, making them a good choice for high-traffic areas such as hotel rooms.
Even though the mattress quality and its features differ, specific standard criteria need to be fitted well while choosing a mattress for a hotel.
What are the Mattress Parameters in a Hotel?
A mattress must qualify on the below-suggested parameters.
- Bed width for a single person should be 90 cm (min)
- Bed width for two persons should be 180 cm (min)
- Mattress's thickness should be 10 cm (min)
- Minimum bedding per person should be two sheets, pillow & case, blanket, mattress protector/bed cover
Why Do Hotel Beds Feel So Good?
Hotel beds feel so good and comfortable for three major reasons:
- Hotel rooms are an entire Setup of consistent efforts, hardwork and expenses.
When you check-in a hotel with an intention of escaping from everyday chores, one ideology that remains the same between you and your hotel is to make you feel like home, away from home. Having said that, hotel beds are just not about a mattress, it’s an experience and an entire setup of consistent efforts, hardwork and expenses. Right from the bed sheets, pillows, cushions, comforters, blankets, towels to room service and regular maintenance; hotel stays are a wholesome package that makes you feel liberated leading you to a relaxed goodnight sleep.
When traveling, our body parts like shoulders, back, back of the neck, and legs generally take on more physical work than expected. The only rescue to body fatigue during travel is a good sleep on a cozy, comfy, and firm mattress. And precisely that’s what hotel beds provide exceptionally. Hotel mattresses offer extended support to the body that is appropriately comforted when sleeping. The pent-up physical stress and exhaustion needs a feather-like cozy support, and a hotel mattress delivers that remarkably well.
- Difference in Mattress Construction
Another reason why hotel beds are so comfortable is because of their mattress construction. They are built so that they widely suit an infinite range of body frames. The construction of a mattress plays an essential role in the overall experience of its user.
Why is DreamCloud Better than a Hotel Mattress?
DreamCloud offers a wide range of firm, durable and luxurious mattresses without seeping a hole in your pocket. Our vivid range of beds can turn your resting hours into an experience you look forward to every night. Here are some reasons why DreamCloud is better than a hotel mattress.
- 365–Night Trial
- Forever Warranty
- Free Shipping and Returns
- 0% APR Financing
- Risk-free Sleep Trial
While your hotel stay may last some days, weeks, or a month, a DreamCloud mattress offers comfort, convenience, and peace of mind on a pocket-friendly note due to its exceptional construction and use of premium materials.
A DreamCloud mattress, unlike hotel mattresses, is made of:
- Cashmere top that is bound to make you keep you cool even on a hard summer night and make you feel soft, downy, and happy every time you lie over it.
- It is 15 inches thick whereas others are only about 12 inches thick. It is thick enough to make you feel bouncy in the heart with a controlled motion on the bed every time your little ones delve into a pillow fight.
- Unlike other mattress brands available online, DreamCloud comes with a forever warranty so that there’s no expense incurred throughout.
- It is made of combinational foams and best-in-class materials to give you a tight slumber with minimal motion transfer all night long.
What are the Types of Mattress Five-Star Hotels Use?
While five-star hotel beds vary from one another, here are some of the mattress types widely used by these famous hotel chains.
- Doubletree offers a flame-resistant luxury hotel mattress.
DoubleTree (which is technically still owned by Hilton) has another signature bed explicitly designed for its hotels. The DoubleTree offers the "Sweet Dreams Bed," which was specially designed and constructed with a movement-reducing foundation so that customers wouldn't have to worry about slipping around during the night, as well as a supreme quality top. Doubletree also decided to make the mattress flame resistant, an important factor when you're dealing with the occasional forgetful or clumsy hotel guest.
- The Fairmont uses a custom memory foam hotel mattress.
Fairmont is a classic name in the hotel world but relatively new to the hotel mattress game. After a complete redesign of their beds in 2016, they decided to go with a five-star mattress that includes therapeutic core support, memory foam, cooling technology, and a plush pillow top for their standard bed. This isn't the only option at Fairmont; their hotel mattresses for their luxury suites introduce the Fairmont Gold Bed. This hotel mattress features all the amenities listed above, plus an innerspring mattress and a plush pillow top. Fairmont guests can relax in style and comfort with hotel mattresses that combine old-world luxury with cutting-edge bed technology.
- The Four Seasons Hotel mattress allows Guests to choose a firmness rating.
The Four Seasons has long been synonymous with a luxurious hotel experience, and their hotel mattresses are no exception. The Four Seasons mattress offers three levels of firmness and temperature regulation technology to lull travelers to sleep after a long day out and about. ThisIn addition, this hotel mattress comes equipped with pocketed coil motion separation and Geltouch Foam to make sure that visitors leave feeling refreshed and supported. Gone are the sleepless nights, staring at the ceiling, wishing you could fall asleep in a hotel; this five-star mattress makes sure that even the most finicky sleeper gets a good night's rest.
- The Peninsula's Hotel mattress brings the comfort of home abroad.
The Peninsula's hotels are located in romantic, far-flung locales like Hong Kong and New York and are known for their posh, elegant design. This extends to their hotel mattresses, custom-made for each hotel, depending on the location. That's right; each hotel has a slightly different bedding experience. If you're looking for the best hotel mattress in all of The Peninsula's hotel chains, you'd be hard-pressed to find one better than the ones at The Peninsula Beverly Hills. These hotel mattresses are made with three layers of plush fabric quilting on top, which features an Evernu replaceable mattress top. These hotel beds also feature monogrammed pillowcases and 300-count linens, which add the perfect touch of elegance to the traveling lifestyle. If you want to be sure of which is the best hotel mattress in The Peninsula's selection, you're going to have to travel to all of their hotels and sleep on them for yourself. It sounds like a challenge anyone would love to be a part of!
- Marriott offers guests a mattress choice to pick from any two.
The Marriott hotel chain calls its bed (creatively) the Marriott Bed. Guests typically like this bed because the memory foam they use doesn't leave you with a "sinking" feeling that some other hotel mattresses sometimes exhibit, especially when using a traditional spring mattress. This relieves the awkward situation of sinking into your partner as they sleep next to you. Sometimes a little space is excellent. Marriott also offers a second luxury mattress called the Innerspring if you prefer an even firmer mattress. This traditional spring mattress is specifically designed with a more challenging mattress sleeper in mind.
How to Create a Hotel-Like Bed at Home?
Hotels need to have their mattress game up all the time. They're always on the lookout for new and exciting developments in the industry before anyone else does. And why not? As a discerning consumer, it's your evident right to consume such comfort every time you spend your night(s) in a hotel.
However, bedding and mattress experiences can be recreated as per an individual's needs, budgets, and requirements. One can pick a softer, firmer, durable, and most comfortable bed at DreamCloud. Therefore, DreamCloud is what you need to recreate your bed that familiarizes you with a hotel-like sleeping experience. Our mattress still stands on the fronts above — with the luxury of a hotel mattress at a fraction of the price.
Our luxury mattress offers a hybrid of memory foam, mini-coil, and a cashmere topper to create the ultimate sleep experience for you. It employs the best of all worlds by offering a supportive, firm, comfortable, durable mattress that never overheats. It's DreamCloud's cutting-edge bed tech that makes it the who's who of the mattress industry and has become a household name synonymous with comfort and sound sleep. You can explore your options by visiting our website. Click here to know more.